10 ways to make sure your wedding is memorable for all the right reasons!
There's so much to consider when it comes to wedding planning, so here is some of our top advice to ensure your big day is as memorable as you'd dreamt it would be.
1. Keep the ceremony short, sweet and interesting! Your friends and family love you and want to see you married, but not many people enjoy a long drawn out ceremony. Keep the ceremony itself to around 20-30 and make sure you personalise it with lots of your own personal touches such as reading which reflect you and your other half.
2. Make sure you can be heard! One of the most common complaints of guests is that they cant hear the bride and groom…they want to hear you say your vows, be emotionally connected as you get married and if they cant hear anything, then they don’t feel a part of it.
3. Create a wedding page whether that be Website or social media page and add your very own wedding hashtag, so that wedding guests can enjoy the excitement in the run up and can also post their own photos in that place with that hashtag. This way you are guaranteed to capture memories that will last a lifetime!
4. Make sure your guests are comfortable! Baskets of flipflops for the girls to put on when they can kick off their heels. Baskets of throws and blankets if your guests are sat outside if the air gets a little chilly. It’s the little things that make a big difference to how your guests remember your day.
5. Keep speeches short. And again make sure everyone can hear them. Give your speakers a strict timing schedule to stick to. And maybe buddy them up so they get some practise.
6. Want to know the best way to get your guests out on the dance floor? Play the songs they actually want to hear. Have your DJ make an announcement that they'll be taking requests and watch the dance floor fill up when a crowd favourite comes on. Or take a list of requests from them as part of their rsvp.
7. Have a phone charging station. Offering charging stations is a very kind way to show guests you care about their personal needs. Plus, if you want to see tons of Instagram photos of your amazing reception, your friends and family will need battery life. Tuck them away near the bathroom or entrance. (Don't forget to include a sign with your hashtag too or facebook group name.)
8. Have late night snacks or refreshments. As the party gets late, it's likely that more than just a few of your guests will be thinking of a tasty late-night snack. Have your caterer bring out handheld options like cones of chips, mini burgers, or mini slices of pizza. For sweet options, you can have mini donuts, or hand held apple pie pieces.
9. Give your guests a favour that they will love or use. Floral candles go down a treat, as do personalised mini sweet jars or a mason jar filled with posh popcorn (Joe & Seph salted caramel – yum!). Bottles of bubbly with a personalised bottle opener attached, or a treat they can enjoy once back at home all go down a treat.
10. Make a memorable exit and leave on a high! Modern brides tend to have done away with the traditional going away outfit in favour of a more spectacular wedding gown. Always re plan your departure for around half an hour before the official end time. Have the DJ gather everyone for your departure so they can have one last glimpse at you whilst you toss the bouquet! Throw in some more confetti, maybe some fireworks and sparklers or a grand get away in a cool car.
Elsie Road specialises in memorable experiences. If you'd like to talk to us about bringing your dreams to life, get in touch - let's start planning!